ABOUT

Thursday, June 2, 2011

More goodies from this weeks ESTATE

 One of my favourite pieces of furniture from the estate is this classic Art Deco table, didn't really notice it much at first as it was in a dark spot in the house. It is in excellent condition and has headed over to the WAC.


 Elegant bedside table, also now over at the WAC.

 Ornate, heavy mirror.
 And another ornate mirror.
 I just adore this picture. It is massive. I thought taking it's picture next to the chair would give you an idea of the size but it really doesn't do it justice. The frame is Silky Oak.

 Another lovely framed picture. This one is an oil painting.

 This little picture was painted by the Son in Law in the family. He was quite chuffed when I admired it and went in for a close look at the signature.

 We also got a couple of English prints which I always think remind me of the poets of the Romantic Era...like Wordsworth and Keats.
All of the mirrors and paintings are available at The Cottage Garden Nursery, East Brisbane. The weather is glorious here in Brisbane today. Hope you are having a good day.

10 comments:

  1. I like those English prints.

    So green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a spot for the art deco side table :-( I just want to rub those curves :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fantastic finds! I love the art deco table and the bedside table aa well! Those prints and frames are fab too! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOVE the first picture! It's beautiful. Great scores! Thanks for sharing! 8>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I have a coffee table just like that first one, without the table top detailing, it's such a lovely design... !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that table, oh so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. The second mirror....I see it covered in shells...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment we love to read them

Related Posts with Thumbnails