ABOUT

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Silly me...Why the manilla suite on Home Beautiful was so Familiar..

Are you like me and since the events of last week, coupled with the awful clean up now, your brain seems to be detached from the rest of your body? Well that's a bit how I feel at present. So much so that as I stood in the check out at Woolworths yesterday and glanced over at the cover of Home Beautiful I could remember thinking..."That picture looks familiar...I think I wanted to buy that magazine....why did I want to get that one???" Then it came to me "Oh that's a similar cane suite to the one under my house..that's it" You may have seen a picture of it on my previous post from last night in which I highlighted some of our ebay acutions.


   
NO SILLY..... its because the beautiful home with the fabulous suite on the cover is the home of the lovely Amber from Spots and Stripes !!!!! She is very talented and has created not only a beautiful home in Bulimba, but also this stunning beach house that is featured in Home Beautiful.


See the paintings on the back wall. The one on the top centre came from theoldboathouse at The Cottage Garden Nursery and I was lucky to meet Amber the day she purchased it. Ironically the painting was done by a West End lady. West End is one of the suburbs that has been seriously affected by the floods. See I knew there was some reason, other then a serious magazine addiction, that I needed to buy Home Beautiful.

16 comments:

  1. Funny how the Land of Blog and the real world just melt into one.
    Must check out the magazine.
    Great to see how well things are clearing up in the flooded areas
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Your oldboathouse wares are famous again, Katherine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are THE vintage wares merchant to turn to!

    And it goes to show how wonderful that cane setting can become in the right hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another person, like me, who has been walking around in a haze ... now why did I decide to come to Westfield Chermside, with 3 children, on school holidays with no shopping list????? Oh that's right, to torture myself slooooowly ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. See! But the brain is still working albeit on half-speed (lol!)
    Glad to know all is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely have to buy that issue now! Thanks for letting me know about it.

    I hope you are well. I am slowly getting back to blogging and catching up on my favourite reads. Maybe when the kids get back to school life will seem normal again.

    Take care and best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woolworths do you still have it over there? I miss it so much and so do my boys for there pic a mix on a saturday morning trip into town. I thought it had just gone to being online now. Wow your so lucky in that respect. The magazine looks lovely i used to buy them but they seem so expensive now that i don't anymore, but i do stand in the shop and flick through there pages and dream ;-)) Have a nice day, Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great! Her home looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for reminding me I want to get my hands on that issue!
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katherine, the small painting is one of my favourite things, I really do treasure it. And I can't wait to see your new space at the Cottage Garden Nursery. Thanks for the mention on your blog, Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I've been functioning in a haze but I thought I was just sinking further into senility. Congrats to you Katherine. You have the eye and style for buying the coolest things and congrats to Amber too. I love seeing local talent in the limelight. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. its a wonderful spread in the magazine, I loved it. The furniture looks amazing - timeless in all situations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool, there has been a fair bit going on the last few days and easy to forget all the beautiful things around us

    ReplyDelete
  14. I brought this magazine too because I loved the lounge suite! I LOVE this magazine, and what a gorgeous house Amber has.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but
    after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyways, just wanted to say superb blog!

    my webpage ... waist to height ratio ranges

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment we love to read them

Related Posts with Thumbnails