ABOUT

Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Favourite ~ Anyone for Tennis?

 On Tuesday evening Kristen and I went off to the Tennis. I wanted to check out the Tennis Centre at Tennyson and although I love watching tennis on the tele had never actually seen a professional game live.
 It did not dissapoint and I discovered that I think it is better to watch live then on TV. You get a better overview of the game and its fun to crowd and ball person watch.
  First was the mens and Robin Soderling won in straight sets.
Then the ladies and the favourite Sam Stosur was defeated in straight sets by fellow Aussie Jarmila Groth. The tennis itself wasn't that exciting as games go but it was a fun night and great that Brisbane now has such a good tournament.

7 comments:

  1. Lucky you, we're hoping to get down in the next couple of days too.
    Don't you love that they've built the arena at Tennyson?

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were living in Melbourne, I got to go to a couple of games at the Australian Open & I agree, you appreciate the game a lot more when you see it live on court. I've yet to venture out to the centre at Tennyson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sports nut! Tennis among my favorite sports. I played for years at a competitive level. I can't count how many professional matches I've seen in person (I'm very lucky) including Andre Agassi himself. I even watched Charleton Heston in a celebrity match once in the early 70's! I haven't watched a match at Wimbledon, but I have visited and snapped a photo or two of the grounds. Happy New Year Down Under!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to the tennis last year at Tennyson and loved it. It's a great venue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The old power station at Tennyson would have been better used for new public housing as it was a well used and needed inner city squat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please!! We go to the Brisbane Int every year and love it. We were there on Thursday for the day and night session - a very long day but worth it. I would recommend going later in the week for the better tennis matches if you found the Tuesday matches not very exciting. We usually go on the Thursday or Friday to see the quarter final matches which are usually great. Now question, are you going for Roddick or Soderling today? We saw both of the play on Thursday so I am not sure. Maybe Roddick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie sounds like you had fun. I would like Roddick to win but think Soderling will.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment we love to read them

Related Posts with Thumbnails