ABOUT

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Vintage Men's Magazines headed for my cabinet

I have spent the morning organizing things to go into my cabinet at the WAC as well as to restock the shelves. These mens magazines, that date from the 1950's, though are slowing me down as I keep stopping to flick through them. Isn't the one above just so Don and Betty from the modern day Mad Men series?

And who is this I spy...could it be the lovely Brismod from Fun and VJs ?
Strike a pose...........Butterfly chairs c. 1954, interestingly no mention of the Argentinian designers Hardoy, Bonet and Kurchan who are credited with their design in 1938. These ones are produced by a Sydney Company. The originals were manufactured by Knoll furniture Company in America from 1946.

5 comments:

  1. Katherine - great to hear from you! Thanks for all for all of your lovely comments. I've been tracking all your goodies - loving the trestle table and it's proving so popular! Thanks for following my blog!Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious, Katherine. That gave me the best chuckle all day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how I imagined Brismod would look!

    And then she springs up and does some high-pressure hosing! And then, back to the butterfly chair to recline and ponder her next domestic renovation chore!

    Brilliant and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great site you have here.. It's hard to find quality writing like yours these days. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    my page: diets that work fast

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment we love to read them

Related Posts with Thumbnails