ABOUT

Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday favourite ~ Sydney Harbour Painting




Very occasionally there are some items that when we get them I just know they are keepers. So it was with this painting. I could look at it for hours and love the setting, and the way the artist , has captured the interaction of the figures. The artist herself sounds like an amazing person from what I know of her. Cut in the mould of a Katherine Hepburn ,she was born in Kangaroo Point here in Brisbane not far from where I live, in 1885 but recieved acclaim in Sydney as an artist. I love that she was known as one of the few women in Sydney, early last century, who drove her own car.




Scroll down for earlier Friday Favourites.


If you need to contact me about any items on the blog please email at boathome@bigpond.net.au

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky find, it is wonderful to unearth treasures like this and give them a new opportunity to shine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment we love to read them

Related Posts with Thumbnails